China PS prices sink further on weak market mood.
• Local prices at 3-year low
• Import offers heard as low as $1120/ton
• Spot styrene down 6% over 2 months
• Import ($/ton): GPPS 1135-1170 | HIPS 1235-1265 CIF
PS prices witness further drops on muted demand in SEA.
• Import GPPS declines $20-40
• HIPS stable to $20 lower
• Sellers willing to offer further discounts in deals
• Demand from end users remains muted
• Volatile crude oil, spot styrene blur PS outlook
• Import PS ($/ton): GPPS inj. 1140-1200 | HIPS inj. 1240-1290 CIF
Italy’s PS market turns up on higher styrene for Aug.
• Initial Aug PS offers emerge with increases of €20-50
• A few deals already concluded €30 up
• Buyers to push for rollovers in August deals
• Weak buying interest on summer period
• Local spot (€/ton): GPPS 1120-1220 | HIPS 1220-1310 FD
European PS producers seek hikes exceeding Aug SM increase.
• PS producers announce hikes of up to €50
• A few sellers applied smaller increases in the spot market
• Overall demand is calm due to holidays
• PS prices might be revised down later in the month
• Early voices for Sept surface firmer
• Local spot (€/ton): GPPS 1170-1285 | HIPS 1270-1385 FD
Turkey’s PS market remains weak moving into Eid holiday.
• Slowness outweighs impact of higher European styrene
• Local HIPS breaks below $1550 threshold in few cases
• Some domestic EPS makers seek hikes for Aug
• China’s import market slides further on slumping oil, SM
• Korea ($/ton): GPPS 1200-1205 | HIPS 1260-1270 CIF
• Iran ($/ton): GPPS 980-990 | HIPS 1020-1030 CPT
• Local ($/ton): GPPS 1355-1430 | HIPS 1520-1600 inc VAT
Egypt’s PS markets flat ahead of Eid holiday.
• Lower upstream costs put more pressure on PS markets
• Buyers refrain from stocking
• Import offers unchanged on lower costs
• Distribution markets stable amid quiet activities
• Import ($/ton): GPPS 1200-1250 | HIPS 1260-1330 CIF
Follow us on twitter @petrotahlil