PS prices in China stable to softer on weak sentiment, fresh tariffs.
• Styrene weakness underpins lower offers
• Taiwanese producers cut operating rates
• Downstream buyers not stocking up
• Fresh US tariffs add to market caution
• Import ($/ton): GPPS 1180-1230 / HIPS 1270-1310 CIF
PS activity limited in SEA amid expectations of further drops.
• Import prices remain stable to soft
• Sellers willing to give extra discounts in deals
• Buyers avoid purchasing beyond their needs
• Volatility continues in styrene market
• Import PS ($/ton): GPPS inj. 1180-1240 | HIPS inj. 1270-1350 CIF
Italy’s PS market to change direction in Aug after higher SM.
• Aug SM settles €33 higher
• PS set to see stable to firmer trend after 2 months of drops
• West European producer announce €45 hikes
• Buyers expect stable prices on calm demand
• Activities will be calmer on summer lull
• Local spot (€/ton): GPPS 1070-1180 | HIPS 1170-1280 FD
Sentiment improves among PS sellers amid firmer SM in Europe.
• Aug styrene contracts are up by €33
• Fresh PS offers to emerge stable to firmer
• Europeam major announces €45 hikes
• Sellers: higher SM will halt downtrend in PS market
• Buyers wait for fresh offers
• Local spot (€/ton): GPPS 1140-1240 | HIPS 1240-1340 FD
Turkey’s June PS imports shrink 35% in June.
• Sentiment remains weak on holiday lull
• Aggressive Iranian PS prices weigh on sellers
• European styrene contract settles up €33
• Korea ($/ton): GPPS 1200-1220 | HIPS 1260-1280 CIF
• Iran ($/ton): GPPS 980-1000 | HIPS 1020-1040 CPT
• Local ($/ton): GPPS 1360-1450 | HIPS 1580-1630 inc VAT
Egypt’s import PS market down to lowest in almost three years.
• Import prices slightly down by $10
• Distribution market levels steady
• Players wonder whether bottom is near
• Thin trading activities amid sluggish demand
• Stock levels still high
• Import PS ($/ton): GPPS 1200-1250 | HIPS 1260-1330 CIF
Follow us on twitter @petrotahlil