ABS prices continue to rise in China despite demand conditions.
• Suppliers apply further price hikes after G20
• Import market climbs $20-40 on week
• ABS producers’ operating margins remain poor
• Buyers stick to need-based purchases
• ACN slumps further, styrene up on week
• Import prices ($/ton): 1460-1560 CIF
SEA ABS market starts July on firm footing.
• Import ABS stable to $20 higher on week
• Operating margins for ABS remain poor
• Demand still limited to buyers’ needs
• Spot ACN sees three-digit drop on week
• Spot styrene up on week
• Import ABS inj. ($/ton): 1450-1530 CIF
Lower styrene pulls ABS prices down for July in Italy.
• €40-50 decreases surface in July ABS market
• July SM settled with drops of €48
• Supply-demand dynamics still unbalanced
• A few sellers may concede to larger discounts
• Local ABS (€/ton): ext. 1460-1560 | inj. 1460-1560 FD
ABS sellers apply declines matching softer SM outcome in Europe.
• SM closed €48 lower for July
• ABS sellers start to announce their offers for July
• ABS prices may see extra reductions during the month
• Demand has yet to improve
• Local ABS (€/ton): ext. 1530-1610 | inj. 1530-1610 FD
Near-term outlook for ABS under discussion in Turkey.
• July styrene down €48 in Europe
• European ABS surfaces €30 below H2 June levels
• Asian ABS makers reportedly trim operating rates
• Sellers: Downtrend might be coming to a halt
• Import (N) ($/ton): Korea ABS 1420-1450 CIF
• Import (N) (€/ton): Europe ABS 1370 CIF
• Local (N) ($/ton): 1600-1660 not inc. VAT
Weak buying interest prevails in Egypt’s ABS markets.
• Import ABS offers down by $10
• Distribution market unchanged
• Weak costs continue pressuring the market
• Players stick to back-to-back buying strategy
• Imports ($/ton): 1450-1520 CIF
Follow us on Twitter @petrotahlil